Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Beer at 6512 on hold

As you may have noticed, posting here has slowed considerably this summer. It's time for me to recognize that I'm no longer posting regularly, and to acknowledge that this blog on indefinite hiatus.

There are several reasons, but primarily I just don't have the time to keep the blog as updated as it should be. For two years, I've written this blog as a personal project outside of my full-time job. There's a lot going on in craft beer locally, and I'm not keeping up with it. I feel if I'm not going to do it right, I'd rather not blog at all.

In all honesty, the last thing I want to do when I come home from work is spend more time in front of a keyboard and a glowing screen.

Perhaps I'll get back to it at some point. Perhaps not. Perhaps I'll find other outlets for writing about craft beer, or participating in the industry more directly.

I'm enormously appreciative of my readers, and the craft brewers I've come to know. I feel like I've been through graduate school in beer appreciation and the business of craft brewing.

Breweries are some of the most exciting businesses in America today, and, as others have noted, what's happening in craft beer is as interesting as anything in the worlds of food and drink.

Keep drinking good beer and supporting good brewers. I'll do the same.

3 comments:

  1. Beer is good, an I follow regularly... maybe its time to switch to Google+? Lets get a Local beer circle going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel Soggy. It's not always easy to keep up and sometimes taking time away to focus on other things is what must be done. I took almost 16 months off of beer blogging and came back in late June this year. Was nice to recharge the batteries a bit. Good luck in your endeavors. We'll make sure there is plenty of good beer around for ya. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete