Thursday, February 4, 2010

More photos from brewing at Ska

When I brewed my collaboration beer last week at Ska Brewing Co., I was graced by the presence of Jerry McBride, a Durango photographer whose skills are way too good to be shooting photos for a beer blog. Nevertheless, here they are:



Ska Head Brewer Thomas Larsen (lower foreground) explains something about the recipe for my beer, Soggy Coaster Imperial Red Ale. The brewery keeps a recipe sheet with notes on each batch of beer.



The wort, it boils! We had to wait a while for Ska's 10-gallon pilot system to heat up, but it was worth it to see my recipe in action.



The wort shown immediately after we added a batch of German Tradition hops. It boiled up immediately with a split-pea soup appearance.



Rabbit food? Nope, just hops. A few ounces go a long way.



A portrait of the blogger as a young man.

No comments:

Post a Comment