Saturday, March 27, 2010

Phoenix

I feel the need to again apologize for my slow blogging pace lately. Life's been busy.

I'm now off to Phoenix for a few days of baseball spring training. I plan to stop at Four Peaks Brewing, an excellent brewery with fantastic atmosphere located next to the Arizona State University campus.

Four Peaks also happens to be the former employer of Durango Brewing's managing brewer, Scott Bickert.

If I have time, I'll stop in Papago Brewing, a Scottsdale brewpub that also offers an expansive guest tap list. It looks like they have numerous beers not available in Durango.

I'll bring my camera and write a post when I return. If you're interested, here's my post from a similar trip to Phoenix (and Four Peaks) a year ago.

3 comments:

  1. Have fun Soggy, and tell Jose Canseco hi for me if you see him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries. I've been there...in fact, I'm there right now.

    Anyway, Have fun while you are in town. Beer and Baseball are my 2 favorite things. If you have any questions, send me an email. If I was a little more brave, I would actually give you my phone number. However, the last thing I need is my Nigerian Lawyer calling me about my winning lottery ticket.

    If you get the time, be sure to check out Dave's Electric Brewpub (Right there by ASU) and San Tan Brewery. If you have more time, be sure to check out Sun Up Brewery and Old World Brewery. Tell Matt and Patrick that Brandon sent you. Same goes for Rich Harden of the Texas Rangers.

    Whatever you decide to do, have fun. I'm looking forward to your post about my home town.

    -Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deschutes Woody Beer Wagon will be at Tempe Diablo Stadium tomorrow (Monday 2/29).

    ReplyDelete