Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Steamworks raises $1,000 at clam bake

Steamworks Brewing Co. reprised its clam bake March 5 at Durango Mountain Resort, raising $1,000 for La Plata County Search and Rescue.

Skiers could buy a Steamworks beer and a bowl of clams for $7.

“A bowl of clams and a pint of beer multiplied by a lot of skiers can go a long way,” Brian McEachron, Steamworks co-founder, said in a news release. “The sun made a much-welcomed showing and we went through 140 pounds of clams and 30 pounds of crawfish.”


Santa Fe DJ Melanie Moore spun tunes.


"We initiated the clam bake five years ago as a way to enhance the ski experience and raise funds for local nonprofits,” Steamworks co-founder Kris Oyler said. “We’ve since learned that though Search and Rescue provides a very vital service, the organization is not that well known, and it doesn’t receive the donations it needs. We want to help alleviate that to as great of an extent as possible.”


The event sounds like a good deal of fun. (I wasn't able to make it with my 9-to-6 gig). Search and Rescue is indeed a worthy organization. They've done some pretty impressive rescues over the years, from rivers to mountaintops. I've always figured if I got lost in La Plata County, I'd be pretty lucky to have Butch Knowlton and crew looking for me.

2 comments:

  1. Ηeу excellent blоg! Dоes гunning a blog
    such as thіs taκe a maѕsive аmount
    woгk? I've no knowledge of computer programming but I was hoping to start my own blog in the near future. Anyway, if you have any recommendations or tips for new blog owners please share. I know this is off topic however I simply had to ask. Appreciate it!

    Have a look at my web site :: oklahoma city roofing company

    ReplyDelete