Monday, July 27, 2009

Wheelsucking brewers


Ska Brewing Co. President Dave Thibodeau and Avery Brewing founder Adam Avery share a laugh at the Wheelsucker Wheat Ale release party Friday. I'm amazed they were able to smile much after bicycling 426 miles from Boulder to Durango.

Soggy Coaster will post of a full review of Wheelsucker Wheat in the coming days. Suffice it to say for now, I loved it. It's full-bodied but crisp, with waves of flavor.

I heard some dissension from people who don't like wheat beers, and from others who were taken aback by Wheelsucker's strength. I suppose if you don't like wheat beers, and you don't like strong beers, Wheelsucker probably isn't for you. But I'll be stocking up on the bombers.

1 comment:

  1. Had a taster @ Falcs Sat morning...nose was good, but I had already had 2 big gulps of Modeus, so my tase buds weren't working that well.....I am sure it is good though!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete