Thursday, June 25, 2009

Stone Brewing founder to pour at Falc's

Greg Koch, CEO and founder of Stone Brewing Co. in San Diego, will bring his own arrogant bastard self to Lady Falconburgh’s at 5 p.m. on Friday, July 3.

He’ll be in Durango to tour Ska Brewing World Headquarters, and will drop by Falc's to meet, greet and pour some of his award-winning ales.

Stone beer will be on special at Falc's, 640 Main Ave., with Stone mugs and other goodies available. Falc's will tap the 2009 Russian Imperial Stout, as well as Ruination IPA and Levitation Ale.

Ska distributes Stone beer in Southwest Colorado, so bottles can be found at several local liquor stores. In addition to Falc's, Mutu's Italian Kitchen, 701 E. Second Ave., pours some Stone beer.

Soggy Coaster fully endorses both the Stone Russian Imperial Stout and Levitation. One expects imperial stouts to be good. But I'm amazed every time I sip a Levitation. It's only 4.4 percent ABV and 45 IBUs, but it packs the flavor of a much bigger beer.

I haven't tried Ruination, but Stone's standard IPA is excellent.

Soggy Coaster will endeavor to make it down to meet Greg.

Thanks to Top Shelf for the heads-up.

1 comment:

  1. Of course I'll be there! Top Shelf enjoys lots of Stone brews. The chance to augment my pint glass collection with Stone ceramics is reason enough. To shake Greg's hand and thank him for cutting edge beers is an honor.

    I'm not an imperial stout guy, but did enjoy Stone's 2008 batch. I'm looking forward to trying this year's effort. Hopefully, it'll be a cool, cloudy, rainy day next Friday so the imperial will warm me up before moving on to Ruination and Levitation - both of which I truly enjoy.

    I'm also anxious that I'll get three more Stone beers on my 15th Falconburgh's beer card!

    ReplyDelete